Take Part in our Photo Competition every month!
We want to see your pictures from volunteering abroad! So each month, you have the chance to be part of our photo competition depicting all the great moments from your time volunteering abroad! Every month has its own theme, and it is then YOUR opportunity to look through all those thousands of pictures, and find the one you think matches the particular one. Keep an eye on our Facebook page to stay updated on when each competition starts/ends or check out the details below. Please note that there is currently no photo competition for 2019.
How is it done?!
It is simple to enter, you can submit your photos online via social media, or by emailing us!
Enter via Facebook:
1. Like/Follow our Facebook Page: WorkingAbroad Projects
2. Upload the picture(s) on your own Facebook timeline
3. Tag WorkingAbroad Projects in the picture(s) and use the #WAPhotoComp hashtag
Enter via Instagram:
1. Follow our Instagram Page: @workingabroadprojects
2. Upload the picture(s) in a post
3. Tag WorkingAbroad in the picture(s) and use the #WAPhotoComp hashtag
Enter via Twitter:
1. Follow our twitter Page: @workingabroad
2. Upload the picture(s) in a tweet
3. Tag WorkingAbroad in the tweet(s) and use the #WAPhotoComp hashtag
Please make sure that your Facebook picture or Instagram account is public, so we have access to see it, and make sure that your picture is in high resolution quality. If you don’t have an account on social media, you can still enter by sending us the photo(s) and text to the following email: WAPhotoComp@gmail.com
The competition starts in the beginning of every month. From the pictures submitted, we will choose a Top 5-10 (depending on the amount of submissions) of the best pictures. You and your friends, families and pets will then have 1 week to generate the most likes for the picture you prefer, and the top 3 will be selected based on likes. From these, we will select the final winner, which will be announced on our Facebook page.
Each monthly winner is in the draw of the annual prize, which will be a discounted volunteer trip abroad of your choice!
Terms & Conditions
• Closing date for photo submission will be mentioned on our Facebook page and on this website page. Any pictures submitted after this date will not be considered in the competition.
• Maximum 2 images submitted per entrant with description of location and project details.
• The competition is open to both amateur and professional photographers worldwide.
• If your image is selected as one of the monthly top 5-10 photos, you will need to send the image in high resolution (min. 1 MB) along with your text to the following email: WAPhotoComp@gmail.com
• By submitting images, you agree to give WorkingAbroad permission to print them in WorkingAbroad’s 2019 calendar, and for the images to be used for: Press and publicity in conjunction with the calendar, including print and online, as well as using the images on WorkingAbroad’s social media platforms, magazine and website.
• By entering the competition all entrants confirm that their entries are their own original work, that they own the copyright in it, and that they haven’t infringed third party rights. We reserve the right to disqualify anyone, who proves to have been submitting a photo that is not owned by them.
• If a person has been chosen as the monthly winner in one photo category, he/she won’t be able to submit photos for another category.
• WorkingAbroad accepts no responsibility for entries that are lost or corrupted during the upload.
• WorkingAbroad’s decisions on all matters affecting the competition are final.
• If any pictures in the Top 5-10 longlist on our Facebook Page have an equal number of likes, and thus there isn’t a clear top 10, we will include all of those who have the equal amount in the final decision of the winner.
• The main prize is the waiving of the application fee worth between £180-195. The winner is still be responsible for paying other fees and expenses related to participation on the project
• The main prize winner will need to submit an application form on our website once they have chosen their project of choice, in order to be in agreement with the specific Terms and Conditions of that project.
• WorkingAbroad cannot be held responsible if the main prize winner cannot get a suitable visa or travel documents to join the programme. You must verify suitability before entering the competition.
• The main prize winner will be able to choose between WorkingAbroad’s own volunteer projects, and not those in the Volunteer Database
• The main prize volunteer trip (for the 2018 winner) must be fulfilled by 31st December 2020.