It is not uncommon to find neglected, abandoned, and abused animals in poverty stricken areas. There are very few organisations that work to rescue and rehabilitate animals that suffer, and those that do need all of the help and support they need to carry out their very necessary work. Our local partner organisation helps injured, abandoned and stray animals by providing food, shelter, medical treatment and even adoptive services to animals in need. The organisation also holds educational workshops that support animal owners by helping them gain a better understanding of how to properly care for their pets.
Volunteer activities for Animal Care Assistant include:
- Basic training on how to care for various animals
- Community outreach and educational programmes
- Feeding, walking, and exercising the animals
- Rescuing animals from dangerous situations
- Undertaking health checks on rescued animals