Volunteering in Spain
In the volunteer projects, you will be working in the environs of cities of Valencia or Denia on Spain’s Mediterranean coast. You can take part in the conservation projects throughout the whole year, for a minimum of two weeks.You will gain fundamental knowledge of Spain’s wildlife and you will support the conservation of the region, safeguarding the natural, cultural and aesthetic worth of the landscape.
The landscape of the Valencia region is wrought with amazing contradictions. It is packed with hills, mountains, rivers, forests and marshlands, which make for a spectacular landscape. Standouts include the Albufera Natural Park and the Sierra Calderona. The project is mostly active within the Albufera nature reserve, close to the city – a wetland area as beautiful as it is ecologically significant. During your time as a volunteer you will actively contribute to conserving and safeguarding this unique habitat. You will learn how this unique natural heritage is being protected and how active conservation of the countryside is helping to reduce the environmental impact of agriculture and tourism. You will work with volunteers from around the world and assist local teams to protect the environment.
The second conservation project is based in the fishing port of Denia, working on the protection and conservation of marine ecosystems on Cape San Antonio. The cape is part of the awe-inspiring Montgó Nature Reserve and is surrounded by the marine reserve “Reservat Marina del Cabo de San Antonio”, established to safeguard the beautiful sea that circles the cape. The idyllic fishing port Denia lies at the heart of the Valencian Community and is located between the cities of Valencia and Alicante, nestled in a gorgeous landscape. In the area you can find places like the Montgó Natural Park, the Cape San Antonio Marine Reserve and the Pego wetland area. You will work on gorgeous beaches in the surrounding area; you will learn diving and snorkelling; and you will play a part in awe-inspiring volunteer projects, working towards the conservation of the marine ecosystems. With solid transport links to the country’s other cities, Denia is the perfect place to get to know the environment, the culture and the people of Spain, and fall in love with them. As a volunteer you will gain fundamental knowledge of working to protect the environment. You will take part in numerous research projects, which will give you the chance to experience the region’s unique wildlife up close.
During your time as a volunteer, you will get accommodation in a fully equipped apartment in the city of Valencia of Denia. You will live together with other volunteers in shared accommodation, or you can take a single room, if one is available. The houses are well connected to public transport, so it’s easy to get around in the city or to visit other places.
- Minimum age: 18 years
- Start dates:
Valencia 2018: 30.09., 14.10., 28.10., 11.11., 25.11., 09.12.
Valencia 2019: 13.01., 27.01., 10.02., 24.02., 10.03., 24.03., 07.04., 05.05., 19.05., 02.06., 16.06., 30.06., 14.07., 01.09., 15.09., 29.09., 13.10., 27.10., 10.11., 24.11.
Denia 2019: 02.06., 16.06., 30.06., 14.07., 28.07., 04.08., 18.08.
- Duration: 2/4/6/8/10/12 weeks
- Project location: Valencia region – Valencia or Denia
- Accommodation: single room shared room with bunk beds and shared bathroom
- Language requirements: English (a good level of school English is sufficient), basic knowledge of Spanish will be helpful
- Suitable for: volunteering, sabbatical
- 2 weeks – single room: 950 EUR | double room: 870 EUR
- 4 weeks – single room: 1.500 EUR | double room: 1.330 EUR
- 6 weeks – single room: 2.020 EUR | double room: 1.790 EUR
- 8 weeks – single room: 2.540 EUR | double room: 2.250 EUR
- 10 weeks – single room: 3.060 EUR | double room: 2.710 EUR
- 12 weeks – single room: 3.580 EUR | double room: 3.170 EUR
- 2 weeks – single room: 1.100 EUR | double room: 1.015 EUR
- 4 weeks – single room: 1.730 EUR | double room: 1.555 EUR
- 6 weeks – single room: 2.360 EUR | double room: 2.095 EUR
- 8 weeks – single room: 2.990 EUR | double room: 2.635 EUR
- 10 weeks – single room: 3.620 EUR | double room: 3.175 EUR
- 12 weeks – single room: 4.250 EUR | double room: 3.715 EUR
Important note for booking a double room: double rooms can only be booked by volunteers travelling together
- Placement in the project
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Assistance with selecting travel insurance
- Assistance with booking flights
- Pre-departure information pack
- Airport pick up
- Accommodation during the project
- Transport to the project
- On-site orientation and project training
- Project-related equipment
- English-speaking support by long-term experienced staff
- 24/7-support throughout the project