Whether you have a couple of weeks or a couple of months to spare, crees has the right volunteer experience for you. You can choose to volunteer from 2 to 12 weeks. You will get the chance to actively participate in important conservation and sustainable community projects including biogardening, agroforestry, pitfalls, mistnetting, camera trapping, butterfly trapping and blue headed macaw monitoring.
If you are staying for 4 weeks or longer you will get the chance to go on an action packed 4 day expedition which may include trekking to hot springs, river rafting and visiting local indigenous communities.
What’s included in the Programme
- Pre Departure Pack and support by our UK office
- 24 hour in-country support, including airport collection and drop-off in Cusco, Peru
- Welcome meeting and arrival orientation around Cusco
- Lodging in Cusco, the Manu Cloud Forest & Manu Learning Centre
- 3 delicious meals a day with water, juice, tea or coffee
- All transport between Cusco and the rainforest, and to project work within the rainforest
- First Aid training
- Tropical forest ecology and fauna identification skills
- Supervised project participation
- Experience of a range of scientific monitoring techniques which may include camera trapping, visual encounter surveys, butterfly trapping, mammal and bird clay lick monitoring, mammal track identification, avian mist netting, amphibian and reptile pitfalling- depending on availability
- Participation in sustainable agro-forestry and bio-gardens projects
- Monthly 4 day expeditions which may include: trekking to hot springs, river rafting and visiting local indigenous communities