EcoQuest in Masai Mara
The focus of the Masai Mara EcoQuest course is on practical matters, but theoretical aspects are not neglected. Long-term experienced instructors will teach you about ecology, birding, plant identification as well as astronomy and share their knowledge about animal behaviour, their tracks and tracking skills. You will also learn about the fascinating cohabitation of wildlife with communities, their cattle and crops, but also deal with the human-wildlife-conflict between pastoralists and the wildlife competing for space and food. Moreover, different conservation models involving cattle in wildlife areas are addressed. To get in touch with the local Maasai you and your team will also visit community schools and sports amidst the Mara conservancies. The combination between theoretical learning units and excursions in the fascinating Masai Mara wildlife reserve enables you to experience a unique educational trip and to witness Kenya’s flora and fauna at close quarters. At the end of the course all students receive a certificate of participation.
You and the other students of the course will live in a Kenyan training centre, located in the midst of the wildlife reserve Masai Mara. In the area you can find small Masaai villages as well as exclusive wildlife spots. The training centre is a very comfortable accommodation overlooking the Mara River. Three twin bandas and three bunk bed bandas offer room for 18 people. Each banda has its own shared bathroom. The students will be provided with a light breakfast in the early morning, a hearty brunch after your first excursion of the day, some tea plus a snack in the afternoon and a warm balanced dinner.
- Age limit: Minimum age 18 years
- Duration: 5/7/14 days
- Start dates:
2019 – 7 days: 05.06. | 08.08. | 21.08. | 01.09. | 07.09. | 15.12.
2019 – 14 days: 01.07.
- Project location: Masai Mara/Kenya
- Accommodation: twin banda or bunk bed banda with shared bathroom
- Language requirements: English (a good level of school English is sufficient)
- Suitable for: sabbatical, time off
- Certification: yes
- Placement in the course
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Assistance with selecting travel insurance
- Assistance with booking flights
- Pre-departure information pack
- Accommodation during the course
- All meals during the course
- Drinking water
- Game walks, game drives
- Classroom hours
- English-speaking support by long-term experienced staff
- 24/7-support throughout the course
7 days: 1575 EUR
14 days: 2650 EUR
(Fees depend on the exchange rates)