Country: United States of America,
Type: Environment & Wildlife Conservation,
Organisation: WorkingAbroad Projects
Internship positions available to assist with environmental education on the forest and urban interface between Reno, Nevada and the Sierra Nevada mountains, with special emphasis on the unique ecology of Galena Creek Park
Visitor Center Host interns will have the primary responsibility of welcoming visitors to the center and providing information about the natural and cultural significance of the region, with special emphasis on the unique ecology of Galena Creek Park. This position will work with the Great Basin Institute, and collaboratively with the US Forest Service and Washoe County.
Interns will be involved with several tasks, including:
• Staff the information desk at the Galena Creek Visitor Center;
• Interact positively with the public and provide information about the surrounding area;
• Provide daily center upkeep;
• Operate the gift store register;
• Coordinate with Great Basin Institute staff in the implementation of community programs; and
• Other responsibilities as requested.
Positions are for 30 hours per week. Housing and full utilities are provided.
Individuals and students with a background in Environmental Science and Ecology can apply.
The Coombe, Spring Barn Farm
Lewes BN7 3ND
Telephone 1: +44 1273 479 047
Request more information about this project by filling out the form below:
By using this form you agree to our terms and conditions