Galena Creek Visitor Center Internship, Nevada
Organisation: WorkingAbroad Projects
Country: United States of America
As an intern, you will have the primary responsibility of welcoming visitors to the center and providing information about the natural and cultural significance of the region. There is a special emphasis on the unique ecology of Galena Creek Park. This position will work with the Great Basin Institute, and collaboratively with the US Forest Service and Washoe County.
Interns will be involved with several tasks, including:
• Staff the information desk at the Galena Creek Visitor Center;
• Interact positively with the public and provide information about the surrounding area;
• Provide daily center upkeep;
• Operate the gift store register;
• Coordinate with Great Basin Institute staff in the implementation of community programs; and
• Other responsibilities as requested.
Positions are for 30 hours per week. Housing and full utilities are provided.