Volunteers can join a team of dedicated scientists on our Dolphin Research Project in Namibia and enjoy a once in a lifetime opportunity to contribute to marine research in a beautiful and remote environment.
By joining the team as an intern you will get the opportunity to gain in depth practical training in marine research techniques to study whales, dolphins and turtles. Working closely with principle investigators, interns will gain experience in:
- Taking photo-ID pictures
- Collecting behavioural data
- Data input
- Making acoustic recordings
- Shore based tracking of animals
- Attendance at whale and dolphin strandings
- Working with archived skeletal material
- Small boat skippering
Interns will also have the opportunity to join the community outreach programme, visiting local schools to increase marine awareness and education.