As an Olive Ridley sea turtle volunteer, you will assist with:
- Measuring the carapace (shell) length and width of nesting adult turtles
- Helping with data collection for master books (record time, zone, activity, etc. of the turtles)
- Supporting researchers with tagging and general checking
- Nest exhumations
- Beach cleanups (to remove debris that would impede the movement of nesting females or hatchlings)
- Sports and cultural activities
Other work may involve beach cleanup (to remove debris that would impede the movement of nesting females or hatchlings) and projects including the initial construction of a beach hatchery.
You can join for 1 weeks up to 12 weeks all throughout the year.
Individuals, groups, students doing research and families all welcome.