As a volunteer, you will observe and assist the doctors, assist at the laboratory (you can have more activities to do) and assist at the nurses room “Niño sano” where they vaccinate and check weight and height. You can also participate in health campaigns in school or communities (a few times per year).
People who suffer medical problems
You will work from Monday to Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
• Observe and assist the doctors.
• Assist at the laboratory (you can have more activities to do)
• Assist at the nurses room ”Niño sano” where they do vacination and check weight and
• You can also participate in health campaigns in school or communities (few times per
• Minimum of 2 weeks
• To be a medical student or interested in learning about Peruvian public health system.
• Basic Spanish. However, the better your Spanish is the easier will be to get integrated.
• If you are already a doctor or an advanced student and want to put our skills to use, it
would be better for you to organize workshops at social education programs.
• If you come for at least 1 month, you can ask to combine your volunteering at this public
clinic for your first 2 weeks and the last 2 weeks at a private clinic or social work project.
• At this clinic you can rotate in each area once a week.
• You can ask our Coordinator for a file of a previous volunteer’s recommendations.