A major responsibility of the Education Coordinator position is to work to improve the quality of education, service delivery, and patient care across MFH’s programs through professional development initiatives. These activities engage alumni working across the various educational programs including: Skilled Birth Attendant, Matròn Outreach Program, Postnatal Care and Mobile Clinic Programs. Salary: Stipend, Room and board included.
Salary: Stipend, Room and board included
Position Information: Full-time appointment in Hinche, Haiti
Start Date: Immediately
Work Days: Position is based on a 40-50 hour work week and requires availability evenings and weekends.
Length of Commitment: 1-2 years
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Current license or certificate in midwifery. Accepted credentials include: CPM, CNM, CM, RM, and LM;
- A baccalaureate or advanced degree in any field with a focus in public health, global health and/or education;
- Conversational French and/or Haitian Creole language skills;
- Ability to use abstract reasoning, problem solving, planning, and analytical skills in: training, evaluation, and program development;
- Strong communications, analytic and decision-making skills;
- Experience teaching in a cross-cultural setting;
- Experience traveling in a low-resource setting;
- Experience successfully working with a culturally diverse staff;
- Ability to handle multiple detail-oriented tasks and projects, often on a time-sensitive basis
- Experience working independently and collaboratively as part of a team
- Self-motivated problem solver with strong critical thinking skills
- Capacity to live in Haiti for the duration of one educational year
For further information or for an application, please contact us. Thank you for your interest.