Volunteers must have active medical licenses and credentials, and may only perform procedures in Haiti that fall within the scope of that license. Certified Nurse Midwives (CNMs), Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs), Licensed Midwives (LMs), Registered Midwife (RM), OB/GYN physicians and nurses, Labor/Delivery Nurses, along with Lactation Consultants (LCs) are all welcome as volunteers. We also welcome other medical professionals who have skills and experience they would like to volunteer.
Our living accommodations have no AC, intermittent electricity, cold showers, though we do have wireless internet access.
We are looking for the following skills:
- Licensed Midwife, Obstetrician-Gynecologist, or Nurse with at least one year of experience managing births and/or making clinical decisions in a maternity environment
- Desire to support skill-building of students rather than provide direct medical care
- Flexibility and willingness to help wherever needed to support our programs and maternal health work in Haiti in a culturally appropriate way
- Ability to work in a medical system that may be different from your own experience (it’s our goal to provide evidence-based care, but realize that change is not always immediate)
- Previous experience in a developing country or low-resource setting is highly desirable
- French or Haitian Creole language skills are desirable but not required