As a Volunteer Coordinator you have an extremely important role in our organisation. Adjusting to the cultural differences and getting settled into their projects can be a challenge. To help with this adjustment it is important to create a solid volunteer community.
Volunteer Roles/ Working Hours
- Meeting and greeting new volunteers, including running the welcome induction and walking tour
- Organising volunteer activities, such as theme nights, outings and the weekly volunteer lunch
- Taking new volunteers to their projects and helping to settle them in there
- Writing the weekly volunteer newsletter
- Conducting intro interviews with volunteers after they have settled in to check in with them and help them set goals that they would like to achieve while they are here.
- Help with accompanying/supporting volunteers if they need to go the doctors/hospital/police, etc.
- Helping out in the OCN office, including responding to email enquiries, some general admin tasks and helping with recruitment.
- Normal working hours: largely 9am to 1pm Monday to Friday; early/evening/weekend meet & greets.
- Spanish Level to Start Project: Higher Intermediate
- Time Commitment: Min 6 months
- Minimum Age: 21 years old
- Fluent English (written and spoken)
- Knowledge/previous studies related to development/Latin America/social work/psychology/human resources would be a real bonus
- Excellent communication/ conflict resolution/ interpersonal skills
- Experience in working with people from different cultural backgrounds
- Mature and positive attitude with a good sense of humour
- Hard working and enthusiastic