Visa requirements – 2-3 year volunteer visa.
All staff members will be taken on for a 3 month trial period initially, after which period of time, a two-way appraisal will be given.
• Monitoring the health of all monkeys in your area daily
• Checking all monkeys have food and water, cages are clean and see that all their needs are met
• Observations of behavior of monkeys within your area to collect data for troop integrations etc.
• Enrichment of cages
• De-worming monkeys in your area, possibly administering medications to them
• Training and supervising new volunteers on a daily basis to help look after your area of responsibility. (This includes before having a day off to ensure your area is covered)
• Sharing your knowledge with other volunteers and being friendly towards them
• Attending volunteer meetings on Wednesday evenings at 6pm and participate where necessary
• Attend committee meetings and participate where necessary
• Fundraising projects – are an essential ongoing need of the foundation and we expect long term staff to participate regularly to help with funding
• Take on other responsibilities to help the centre with funding and progression for the monkeys and the volunteers
• Write articles for newsletter with updates on your areas
• Attend & participate in regular volunteer and staff meetings
This list is not exhaustive and may vary depending on season or changes to the foundation.