A thriving 5.7 million people in Zimbabwe are engaged in the small and medium enterprise sector. Entrepreneurs drive this sector and entrepreneurship is the engine for growth, economic development and job creation.
Zimbabwe's Entrepreneurs Need You!
- To use your skills to help others, by supporting Zimbabwe's entrepreneurs to grow successful and sustainable business ventures
- Make a direct and measurable postive impact on communities in Zimbabwe
- Improve your skills and gain new knowledge
Each volunteer’s placement is a key part of our long-term strategy to develop the businesss capacity of Harare’s local entrepreneurs. Typical areas of focus include: organizational needs assessment; creating, monitoring and evaluating budgets; and business development and entrepreneur skills development.
What skills do I need?
- Finance: Analyse financial performance and teach concepts of operating costs, pricing and cash flow
- Strategy: Review business plans and be confident enough to help expand or improve the business model
- Marketing: Assess marketing strategies and teach concepts of customer care, loyalty and competition analysis
- Probing: Find out information without overwhelming clients and check their understanding without asking ‘do you understand?’
- Language: Speak in an easy simple fashion rather than using ‘consultanese’
- Creative problem solving: Be confident in dealing with entrepreneurs that do not have complete data, or sometimes no data at all
- Flexibility: Flexible between different styles including consulting, teaching and coaching in one session
We offer two very exciting opportunties:
- Remote volunteer placements, where you offer support online.
- International volunteer placements where you will live and work in Harare