Down under is the number one dream destination for most nature lovers. Endless beaches, tropical rainforests and the barren outback – Australia has an unbelievable variety of landscapes to suit any taste. And let’s not forget the Great Barrier Reef, the largest living organism on earth. Our projects in Australia are devoted to protecting this unique natural landscape. And they need your help!
Our programme gives you an opportunity to work on a number of locations all over the continent.
What you will do as part of this project
Each team has up to 10 volunteers and a professional team leader. The projects involve planting trees, setting up fences and paths, doing statistical surveys of animal populations and plants, collecting plant seeds and supervising the project areas.
Normal working hours are 8 AM to 4 PM five days a week, but this can vary from project to project. You will normally have weekends off. Certain projects last for 10 days, after which you will have several days off. Project locations can be changed every week or two so that you have an opportunity to get to know different parts of Australia.
The type of accommodation available is different in every location. You might be staying in a guest house, caravan, hostel, bungalow or a tent. You will be sharing your bedroom and bathroom with other volunteers. In addition to breakfast and lunch, a freshly prepared hot meal will be provided in the evening. Vegetarian food is available at every location. The team is jointly responsible for preparing meals and keeping their accommodation clean.
- Age limit: 18-70 years
- Start date: Projects begin every Friday throughout the year
- Duration: 2 to 12 weeks
- Project location: Warrnambool (Melbourne), Newcastle
- Accommodation: varies by location
- Language requirements: English (a good level of school English is sufficient)
- Suitable for: volunteer work, sabbatical
- Certification: upon request
- Price for two weeks 850 EUR
- Price for four weeks 1.450 EUR
- Price for six weeks 2.050 EUR
- Price for eight weeks 2.650 EUR
- Price for ten weeks 3.250 EUR
- Price for twelve weeks 3.800 EUR
- Placement in the project
- Assistance with selecting travel insurance
- Assistance with travel arrangements
- Assistance with booking flights
- Pre-departure information pack
- Wildlife handbook
- All meals during the project incl. off days
- Accommodation during the project
- English-speaking support by long-term experienced staff
- Project-related transport
- 24/7 support throughout the project