Green Life Volunteers has established a dog and cat rescue program in the area in collaboration with the local vet clinic. We are hoping the project will help to prevent the growth of the stray dog and cat populations in the area, and stop the murder of unwanted baby cats and dogs. An ideal volunteer on this project has a passion for animals. You should have your own laptop that you can bring to Costa Rica to work on. For this project you will have to be independent and flexible. You should also speak beginner Spanish.
Volunteer’s responsibilities include:
- Fundraising for dog and cat rescue
- Help take care of puppies, adult dogs, and kittens/ adult cats
- Feeding, cleaning cages, washing animals Help out at the local vet clinic
- Help out at Spaying/neutering clinics Help organize spaying and neutering clinics
- Promote our Adoptions Facebook page, post pictures, post updates
- Make videos for dog and cat rescue fundraising
- Make flyers and brochures for promotion and fundraising
- Take photos of dogs/ cats for adoption
- Talk to people who have dogs/cats for adoption and help find animals new homes
There is a require minimum age of 18 years. It is located in Puerto Jimenez in the Osa Peninsula, Costa Rica. One of the most beautiful places in Costa Rica. This is the perfect way to be involved in the Costa Rican culture, learning new skills and gaining invaluable experiences. You will be staying in a host family, which includes three meals a day.