Professionals doing good, on behalf of an NGO that builds and installs biosand water filters in rural villages of Cambodia, is searching for a volunteer Bookkeeper Specialist
- Minimum 3-month volunteering.
- Bachelor’s degree with bookkeeping or accounting courses required.
- Two-three years’ work experience in the role.
- Solid expertise on QuickBooks application.
- Microsoft Office Excel.
- Knack for working with numerical data.
- Fluent English
Train and mentor the NGO’s bookkeeper on how to
- Ensure a more efficient and effective usage of Quickbooks
- Export periodic backups of the QuickBooks data, create and maintain expenses and vendor records; including contact information, payment terms, and any other information required. Create and maintain employees contact information, including payroll, and related employment data.
- Improve, customize and memorize periodic reports for the Management and Board. These reports include account balances, profit and loss figures, and transactional reports.
- Use excel for reporting and presentation purposes.
- Help the bookkeeper improve her data analysis acumen.
Personal qualities and attitudes
- Strong analytical skills and attention to detail.
- Flexible and proactive approach.
- Patient and capable to pass knowledge and expertise onto others.
- Work well independently and as part of a team.
What difference will you be able to make
- The goal is to contribute to the overall efficient operation of the accounting department and help the organization to maintain order and transparency for the company’s finances and be fully aware of its financial condition. This way it can make the right decisions and accomplish long-term success!