Dates: We accept groups three times of the year – Season I (February – April), Season II (June and July), and Season III (October and November).
Seasons I and III are not in our peak research seasons – since we work with primates, their reproductive cycles and the weather dictate the timing of the majority of our work. However, we are available for groups to book special trips at these times.
Costs to Volunteer:
Season 1 – 7 day trip -$1250 per person
Season II – 5 day trip – $750 per person
Season III – 7 day trip – $1250 per person
*Fees for Seasons I and III are slightly more expensive as this is our off-season.
- Medium to long hikes in the rainforest to monitor feeding stations while observing the wildlife
- 2-3 hour long stakeouts, to unobtrusively watch wildlife
- Night hikes in the forest, for amphibian and invertebrate life (with no mosquitoes!)
- Stream mapping – using a GPS to record the path of the stream
- Tree identification and tagging
- Short-term observations of the habituated primate groups at the site
- Monitoring of camera-traps and the cataloguing of images from them – anything from pumas and jaguars to rabbits and deer!
- Some non-research related activities include:
- a trip to the top of the 60 m high tower at the site
- visiting ox-bow lakes to view giant otters and anacondas (if we’re lucky!)