Your time as a volunteer
As a volunteer in this project you get the chance to actively contribute to animal welfare and, at the same time, explore Canada’s fascinating nature.
After your arrival at Calgary International Airport you are picked up and taken to a horse ranch approx. 1 ½ driving time from Calgary – your project location.
You are involved in all daily tasks on the ranch. If you are horse-experienced with horses you spend your time grooming, feeding, leading, and handling the animals. Picking up of animals, animal intake process, medical treatment and hoof care are further tasks you may assist with.
Volunteers with little or no horse experience are involved in the following tasks: cleaning paddocks and equipment, building and maintaining fences, sheds and shelters, supporting fundraising events and helping with administrative tasks.
Together with other volunteers you’ll be accommodated in a small guesthouse on the ranch grounds. You’ll share a dormitory, a bathroom and a kitchen. A ranch’s staff member will take you onto trips into the nearest town on a regular basis, so you can purchase groceries for your daily meals. These can be prepared in the volunteer house’s kitchen.
Become active in horse rescue and experience an unforgettable, rewarding time as a volunteer in magnificent Canada!
• Age limit: Minimum age 18 years
• Dates on request
• Project location: Southern Alberta / Canada
• Accommodation: shared bedroom in volunteer house, shared bathroom, kitchen, meals need to be purchased/prepared by volunteer
• Language requirements: English (a good level of school English is sufficient)
• Suitable for: volunteer work, sabbatical
• Certification: upon request
• Price for 8 weeks: 525 EUR
• Price for 10 weeks: 625 EUR
• Price for 12 weeks: 725 EUR
• Placement in the project
• Assistance with travel arrangements
• Assistance with selecting travel insurance
• Assistance with booking flights
• Pre-departure information pack
• Airport transfer
• Accommodation during the project
• English-speaking support by long-term experienced staff
• 24/7-support throughout the project