The wildlife conservation project aims at securing the protection of natural areas and wild animals with the support of international voluntary helpers and at providing them with a deeper knowledge about the essential role of conservation work.
Your main tasks in the project will be: Installing and analyzing camera traps, researching the local leopard population, monitoring cheetahs and other wildlife, helping with transects and generating ecological and bird surveys. You and your international team are given instruction by experienced researchers who support you in case of questions or concerns.
As an undergraduate or post graduate student of a related field, you also get the chance to work on your own research thesis while being involved in the project.
A typical volunteer day starts in the early morning hours and ends in the late afternoon/early evening. After conducting intense research in the reserve, surrounded by South Africa’s wild animal and plant life, and putting all data into a database, you and your team make your way back to your accommodation. You are accommodated in a volunteer house with shared bedrooms, shared bathrooms, a kitchen and an outdoor area. In order to be able to prepare the daily meals you are provided with food items. Wifi is also available – sometimes it may be very slow, though.
Become active in protecting endangered species and experience an unforgettable volunteer adventure in South Africa’s wilderness!
• Age limit: Minimum age 18 years
• 2018: 31.10., 14.11., 28.11., 12.12., 26.12.
2019: 02.01., 16.01., 30.01., 13.02., 27.02., 10.03., 24.03., 03.04., 01.05., 15.05., 29.05., 12.06., 26.06., 10.07., 24.07., 07.08., 21.08., 04.09., 18.09., 02.10., 16.10., 30.10., 13.11., 27.11., 11.12., 25.12.
• Project location: Limpopo / South Africa
• Accommodation: shared bedroom in volunteer house, shared bathroom, kitchen, daily meals (volunteers receive food items, but need to prepare the meals on their own)
• Language requirements: English (a good level of school English is sufficient)
• Suitable for: volunteer work, sabbatical
• Certification: upon request
• Price for 2 weeks: 1150 EUR
• Price for 4 weeks: 2000 EUR
• Price for 6 weeks: 2900 EUR
• Price for 8 weeks: 3800 EUR
• Price for 10 weeks: 4600 EUR
• Price for 12 weeks: 5400 EUR
• Placement in the project
• Assistance with travel arrangements
• Assistance with selecting travel insurance
• Assistance with booking flights
• Pre-departure information pack
• Airport transfer
• Accommodation during the project
• All meals during the project – volunteers help to cook
• Drinking water, tea, coffee
• On-site orientation and project training
• English-speaking support by long-term experienced staff
• 24/7-support throughout the project