We need volunteers to be involved in all aspects of running this busy wildlife rehabilitation centre.
Work may include:
- Daily feeding routines and sorting of new food deliveries
- Hand raising and bottle feeding of orphans
- Working in the baby monkey nursery (Nov-May) to supervise and ensure they are playing, sleeping, feeding etc.
- Cleaning, cleaning, cleaning!! We need to ensure all the enclosures and work areas are kept clean to avoid any infections.
- Helping to administer medicines
- Construction projects – helping to build enclosures, fixing fences, taking down old fences, painting, fixing, maintenance, laying pipes etc.
- Taking part in animal rescues or releases
- Land maintenance such as alien tree removal or burning fire breaks
We focus mainly on vervet monkeys but also have had baboons, antelope, warthogs, owls, and small predators come through the door. Our main aim is to release wildlife as soon as it is ready so we can never guarantee what species will be at the centre at any one time.
Volunteers stay together in our volunteer house in shared rooms with shared bathrooms. We provide 3 meals a day, pick ups from our local city and full training in all aspects of work.