Wildlife conservation and community volunteer projects and internships worldwide

Amazon Restoration Volunteer & Internship Programme, Peru

1+ Weeks from

£495
18+
minimum age

  • Experience the remote Amazon rainforest and its tropical wildlife
  • Live and work in the jungle of the Peruvian Amazon planting trees
  • Learn about the regeneration of one of the most biodiverse regions on our planet
  • An incredible opportunity to visit a very remote and unique habitat in the Amazon rainforest

Project Costs 

You can join the programme from 4 days up to 4 months in duration. As a volunteer, the cost starts at 4 days (3 nights) £495, 1 week £545, 2 weeks £795, 3 weeks £1,045, 1 month £1,295, 2 months £1,895, 3 months £2,695.  As an intern, prices are discounted and start at £1195 for 2 months, £1395 for 3 months and £1595 for 4 months.

Caterpillar PeruWhat is included:

  • Transportation to and from the airport,
  • Transportation to and from the reforestation station,
  • Food, snacks and drinks whilst at the reforestation centre,
  • Bedding (but no towel),
  • All training and supervision
  • Working Abroad Projects backup and support.

What is not included:

  • Airfares to and from Puerto Maldonado,
  • Travel/medical insurance,
  • Vaccinations,
  • Personal expenses

It is mandatory for you to take out travel and medical insurance for the duration of the project.

Payment Terms 

If you are interested in volunteering in Peru’s Amazon Basin as a reforestation volunteer or intern, you will need to fill out the online application form – to secure a placement on the project, please complete and submit the form including your application payment of £195. If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we will reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, 25% of the full amount needs to be paid within 14 days of being confirmed on the project, with the remainder (75%) to be paid one month before arrival.

Sunset Peru reforestationProject Dates

Volunteers/interns need to arrive in Puerto Maldonado on their start date ideally around noon (at latest by 3pm), for an onward transfer the same day to the reforestation centre. If you can’t get a morning/early afternoon arrival, then we would advise staying the night in a guest house/hotel in Puerto Maldonado.  Please note the dates below are Monday to Monday, however, we are flexible and you can start on any day as your transfer to the reforestation centre is included in the cost.

Please email victoria.mcneil@workingabroad.com for further details or any questions about dates or duration of stay.

StartEndAvailability
July 18th 2022 August 1st 2022
August 1st 2022 August 15th 2022
August 15th 2022 August 29th 2022
August 29th 2022 September 12th 2022
September 12th 2022 September 26th 2022
September 26th 2022 October 10th 2022
October 10th 2022 October 24th 2022
October 24th 2022 November 7th 2022
November 7th 2022 November 21st 2022
November 21st 2022 December 5th 2022
December 5th 2022 December 19th 2022
December 19th 2022 January 2nd 2023
Amazon Restoration Volunteer & Internship Programme, Peru

You may also be interested in these projects