The total cost ranges from £860 to £1005 GB pounds (depending on date) for 12 days for the Research project based in Losinj. This includes a £180 GB pounds application payment in addition to a balance payment to be paid in Euros (£750 to £825 pounds equivalent depending on course date and duration). Discounts on the balance payment are available for students, group bookings and Croatian nationals (£680 to £750 pounds equivalent). Please enquire to the Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org for further questions.
Included in the price:
- In-house/on boat food and beverages (breakfast, lunch and dinner) for the duration of the project except for the last evening dinner (usually pizza or pasta) at the restaurant in town
- Accommodation on land
- House expenses
- Boat fuel
- Lectures by researchers
- Scientific supervision during the research
- Internet access at LMEC
- Certificate of attendance on the project
Not included in the price:
- Extra food and beverages consumed in restaurants and bars
- Travel expenses
- Alcoholic drinks
- Personal expenses (e.g. telephone)
- Tourist Tax (about €10) to be paid to the Tourist Agency in Veli Lošinj
- Medical & accident insurance which all volunteers are required to have for the duration of the project
To secure a placement on this project, you will need to complete the online application form including your application payment of £180 (included in the total costs listed above). If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we would reimburse this payment fully. For those who are accepted, the balance payment has to be paid in Euros – 50% of the balance payment is due within 10 days of being accepted onto the project, and the remainder is due 1.5 months before arrival. Once your place is confirmed, you will receive a pre-departure package with detailed information on your project, travel info, suggested items to bring and so on.
Project dates run from May to September each year. There are 5 places available in each group.