To volunteer on this dolphin research project, the total cost ranges from £680 to £765 GB pounds per week (depending on course date). This includes a £180 GB pounds application payment payable with the application, with the balance payment to be paid in Euros (640 to 670 Euros depending on course date and duration, or for students under 26 years old, 570 to 670 Euros). Please enquire to the Volunteer Coordinator: firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions on specific dates/prices.
– Food and beverages (breakfast, lunch and dinner, except for alcoholic and soft drinks)
– Accommodation at the field base (pillows and bed sheets provided)
– Electricity, water heating and cooking costs
– Fuel for boat and car
– Lectures and training by researchers
– Scientific supervision
– Certificate of involvement in the Ionian Dolphin Project
– Research contribution
– Travel expenses to and from Vonitsa (Western Greece)
– Personal travel & medical insurance covering the whole participation period (compulsory)
– Personal expenses (telephone, souvenirs, etc.)
– Meals other than those served in the field base
– Alcoholic drinks (beer, wine, etc.)
To secure a placement on this project, you will need to complete the online application form including your application payment of £180 (included in the total costs listed above). If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we would reimburse this payment fully. For those who are accepted, the balance payment has to be paid in Euros – 50% of the balance payment is due within 10 days of being accepted onto the project, and the remainder is due 1.5 months before arrival. Once your place is confirmed, you will receive a pre-departure package with detailed information on your project, travel info, suggested items to bring and so on.
Projects typically last for 6 days, and volunteers will arrive on a Sunday and leave the next Saturday. Each project trip will have up to a max of 5 volunteer participants.