The total cost ranges from £740 to £920 GB pounds per week (depending on course date). This includes a £180 GB pounds application payment plus with a balance payment to be paid in Euros (715 to 830 Euros depending on course date and duration, or for students under 26 yrs old, 636 to 830 Euros). Please enquire to the Volunteer Coordinator: email@example.com for any questions.
– Food and beverages (breakfast, lunch and dinner, except for alcoholic and soft drinks) for the duration of the cruise
– Accommodation on board
– Mooring expenses in Sanremo harbour
– Electricity, water heating and cooking costs
– Fuel for boat and dinghy
– Lectures and training by researchers
– Scientific supervision
– Certificate of involvement in the Cetacean Sanctuary Research
– Personal insurance for the duration of the course, issued by the Research Institute
– Research contribution
– Travel expenses to and from Sanremo
– Mooring expenses outside of Portosole (approximately €80-100 per night, to be divided by all the crew with the exception of the skipper)
– Personal expenses (telephone, souvenirs, etc.)
– Meals other than those served onboard the boat
– Soft drinks, liquors and spirits (beer, wine, etc.)
To secure a placement on this project, you will need to complete the online application form including your application payment of £180 (included in the total costs listed above). If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we would reimburse this payment fully. For those who are accepted, the balance payment has to be paid in Euros – 50% of the balance payment is due within 10 days of being accepted onto the project, and the remainder is due 1.5 months before arrival. Once your place is confirmed, you will receive a pre-departure package with detailed information on your project, travel info, suggested items to bring and so on.
Placements are available for one or more weeks. Volunteers typically work in groups of 15 (11 volunteers, 4 staff).