Wildlife conservation, community and environmental volunteer projects and internships worldwide

Galapagos Conservation Volunteers

2 to 12 Weeks from

minimum age

  • Experience the unique endemic flora and fauna of the Galapagos
  • Help to conserve the giant Galapagos tortoise
  • Explore the marine life of the island during your free time
  • Get involved with the local community on Isabela island

Project Costs

Volunteer with giant Galapagos tortoiseThe cost to join for a 2 week Galapagos volunteer project is £1295, 3 weeks is £1525, 4 weeks is £1735, and every extra week costs £290. The maximum duration you can stay at the project for is 12 weeks. The cost is the same whether you stay in the volunteer house or a family homestay.

Your project cost includes full room and board (3 meals a day) throughout your project, all permits, Galapagos visas, local coordination and training at respective facilities, local project-related transport, full access to our facilities, National Park certificates, all backup and support from staff and WorkingAbroad Projects. What’s not included are your personal expenses, travel insurance and your airfare to and from the Galapagos.

Payment Terms

Iguana on rocks in GalapagosTo secure a placement on the project, please complete and submit the online application form including your application payment of £195 (included in the total costs listed above). If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we will reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, 25% of the balance amount needs to be paid within 7 days of being confirmed on the project,  with the remainder (75%) to be paid 10 weeks before your arrival to the project. Once you have been accepted onto the programme you will receive a Volunteer Information Package with all the information on your project, amenities, travel & visa details, cultural info what you will need to bring and much more.

Project Dates

Baby sea lions in GalapagosPlease note that the dates listed below are just a guideline, you can join the project starting on any Monday throughout the year, as long as you are able to stay for at least 2 weeks (or 4 weeks for the tortoise conservation project), up to a maximum of 12 weeks.

The volunteer schedules vary depending on the chosen project but generally are based on 20 hours per week, Monday to Friday, with afternoons off. All Galapagos volunteer project schedules may be subject to change depending on the tasks at hand and local weather conditions.

Start End Availability
February 3rd 2020 February 16th 2020
February 17th 2020 March 1st 2020
February 24th 2020 March 8th 2020
March 9th 2020 March 22nd 2020
March 23rd 2020 April 5th 2020
April 6th 2020 April 19th 2020
April 20th 2020 May 3rd 2020
May 4th 2020 May 17th 2020
May 18th 2020 May 31st 2020
June 1st 2020 June 14th 2020
June 15th 2020 June 28th 2020
June 29th 2020 July 12th 2020
July 13th 2020 July 26th 2020
July 27th 2020 August 9th 2020
August 10th 2020 August 23rd 2020
August 24th 2020 September 6th 2020
September 7th 2020 September 20th 2020
September 21st 2020 October 4th 2020
October 5th 2020 October 18th 2020
October 19th 2020 November 1st 2020
November 2nd 2020 November 15th 2020
November 16th 2020 November 29th 2020
November 30th 2020 December 13th 2020
January 4th 2021 January 17th 2021
Galapagos Conservation Volunteers

You may also be interested in these projects

  • Cloud Forest Conservation & Sustainability Volunteer Project, Ecuador

    • Duration 1-12 Weeks
    • Prices from £400

    Become an environmental volunteer in Ecuador to conserve a part of the Ecuadorian Cloud Forest and get involved in reforestation, organic agriculture, sustainable living and building projects.

  • Maldives Island Volunteer Project

    • Duration 2-12 Weeks
    • Prices from £1095

    Volunteer in the Maldives and join various environmental, medical, community and marine conservation projects within the tropical island of Naifaru, the capital of the Lhaviyani Atoll.

  • Seychelles Island Conservation Volunteer Programme

    • Duration 2-4 Weeks
    • Prices from £708

    Join various island and tropical wildlife conservation projects within the beautiful Nature Reserve on Cousin Island in the Seychelles. These projects are aimed at conserving the natural environment of the island that include sea turtle monitoring, bird ringing, habitat conservation and censuses of tortoises, skinks and geckos.

  • Blue Lagoon Coral Reef Project, Mauritius

    • Duration 2 weeks to 5 months
    • Prices from £810

    Volunteer in Mauritius in the Indian Ocean and take part in a coral reef monitoring and marine conservation volunteer and internship programme, which includes coral reef farming and restoration, lagoon monitoring and sea turtle research in the beautiful Blue Bay Marine Park.