Wildlife conservation, community and environmental volunteer projects and internships worldwide

Limpopo Lipadi Game Reserve Volunteer Programme, Botswana

2 - 12 weeks from

£1307
18+
minimum age

  • Take part in Wild Dog telemetry tracking around the Limpopo Game Reserve
  • Research Leopard, Cheetahs and Lions as part of the ongoing research
  • Live and work in one of the most beautiful wilderness locations in the world set on the banks of the Limpopo River
  • Research Internships available for University students doing dissertations

Male lion growling in Botswana

Project Costs

The cost for 2 weeks is £1307 GB pounds, 3 weeks is £1943, 4 weeks is £2459, 5 weeks is £3065, 6 weeks is £3398 and 12 weeks is £7357.  This fee includes everything whilst you are at the game reserve, including transport around the reserve, accommodation in a spacious comfortable farmhouse including linen, but not a towel (maximum of two people to a room), 3 meals a day, all training and lectures and research work alongside scientists, plus WorkingAbroad Projects backup and support.

The airfare to Johannesburg, transfers to and from the Reserve, vaccinations, travel/medical insurance and personal expenses are not included within this price.  It is mandatory for you to take out travel and medical insurance for the duration of the project.

Mongoose family on the road at Limpopo LipadiPayment Terms

To secure your placement on the project, you will need to complete and submit the application form with your application payment of £195 (included in the total project costs listed above). If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we will reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, you will need to pay 20% of the balance within 14 days of being accepted on the programme, with the remaining 80% of the balance to be paid one month before arrival. Once we have confirmed your place, you will receive a pre-departure package with all detailed information on the project, details on the work in the Reserve, suggested items to bring etc.

Project Dates

All volunteers should arrive on the Monday afternoon of the project start date and leave on the Sunday, 2, 3, 4 or more weeks later (except for special dates). You should plan to arrive in Johannesburg very early on the Monday morning for travel (takes 5-6 hours to the Reserve), or stay overnight in Johannesburg on the Sunday and depart for the reserve the following day. There are several options available for overnight stays in Johannesburg which are safe and cheap and that we can recommend.   If you have any questions about the dates, please email the Volunteer Coordinator at:  victoria.mcneil@workingabroad.com

Start End Availability
September 23rd 2019 October 6th 2019
September 30th 2019 October 13th 2019
October 7th 2019 October 20th 2019
October 14th 2019 October 27th 2019
October 21st 2019 November 3rd 2019
November 4th 2019 November 17th 2019
November 18th 2019 December 1st 2019
December 2nd 2019 December 15th 2019
January 13th 2020 January 26th 2020
January 27th 2020 February 9th 2020
February 10th 2020 February 23rd 2020
February 24th 2020 March 8th 2020
March 9th 2020 March 22nd 2020
March 23rd 2020 April 5th 2020
April 6th 2020 April 19th 2020
April 20th 2020 May 3rd 2020
May 4th 2020 May 17th 2020
May 18th 2020 May 31st 2020
June 1st 2020 June 14th 2020
June 15th 2020 June 28th 2020
June 29th 2020 July 12th 2020
July 13th 2020 July 26th 2020
July 27th 2020 August 9th 2020
August 10th 2020 August 23rd 2020
August 24th 2020 September 6th 2020
September 7th 2020 September 20th 2020
September 21st 2020 October 4th 2020
October 5th 2020 October 18th 2020
October 19th 2020 November 1st 2020
November 2nd 2020 November 15th 2020
November 16th 2020 November 29th 2020
November 30th 2020 December 13th 2020
January 11th 2021 January 24th 2021
Limpopo Lipadi Game Reserve Volunteer Programme, Botswana

You may also be interested in these projects