The cost to join the project for 2 weeks is £995, 4 weeks is £1345, 6 weeks is £1645 and 8 weeks is £1945. This cost covers all accommodation and drinking water, dive equipment rental, tuition and dive training during the first 2 weeks, pick-up and drop-off at Thong Sala pier, Koh Phangan, and WorkingAbroad predeparture placement support. Interns coming for over 2 weeks will also receive scientific support and paperwork for university credits if required.
Your airfare to and from Thailand and transport to and from Koh Phangan, food, travel/medical insurance, visa costs and personal expenses (for example excursions during your days off) are not included within this price. If you require a PADI course to get to open water level at the start of your stay this can also be arranged, but is not included in the cost. It is mandatory for you to take out travel and medical insurance for the duration of the project.
To secure your placement on the project, you will need to complete and submit the application form with your application payment of £195 (included in the total project costs listed above). If for some reason your application is not accepted, we will reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, 25% of the balance amount needs to be paid within 7 days of being confirmed on the project, with the remainder (75%) to be paid 2 months before your arrival to the project. Once we have confirmed your place, you will receive an information package on the project background, your role as an intern, the work you will do, suggested items to bring, how to travel there and so on.
The marine conservation and research internships are available for 2 weeks up to a maximum of 12 weeks. Longer internships are technically possible, but please contact us first. Arrival and departure dates are always on a Monday. Please email us if you have any questions about dates.
We accept participants throughout the year, except for the monsoon season break from mid-November to mid-January. Most nationalities need a visa to stay longer than 30 days in Thailand. Staying longer than 60 days would require you to obtain a non-tourist type visa in advance. We can assist with arranging visas, but only have limited space for long-term interns.
|September 30th 2019||October 14th 2019|
|October 14th 2019||October 28th 2019|
|October 28th 2019||November 11th 2019|
|November 11th 2019||November 25th 2019|
|January 13th 2020||January 27th 2020|
|January 27th 2020||February 10th 2020|
|February 10th 2020||February 24th 2020|
|February 24th 2020||March 9th 2020|
|March 9th 2020||March 23rd 2020|
|March 23rd 2020||April 6th 2020|
|April 6th 2020||April 20th 2020|
|April 20th 2020||May 4th 2020|
|May 4th 2020||May 18th 2020|
|May 18th 2020||June 1st 2020|
|June 1st 2020||June 15th 2020|
|June 15th 2020||June 29th 2020|
|June 29th 2020||July 13th 2020|
|July 13th 2020||July 27th 2020|
|July 27th 2020||August 10th 2020|
|August 10th 2020||August 24th 2020|
|August 24th 2020||September 7th 2020|
|September 7th 2020||September 21st 2020|
|September 21st 2020||October 5th 2020|
|October 5th 2020||October 19th 2020|
|October 19th 2020||November 2nd 2020|
|November 2nd 2020||November 16th 2020|
|November 16th 2020||November 30th 2020|