Wildlife conservation, community and environmental volunteer projects and internships worldwide

White Wilderness – Carpathian Wolf Tracking Volunteer Project, Slovakia

1 Week+ from

£890
18+
minimum age

  • Help to conserve wolf and lynx populations in the beautiful Tatra mountains of Slovakia
  • Gain experience in wolf and lynx tracking and monitoring techniques
  • Work alongside a team of scientific researchers and international volunteers
  • Experience the pristine winter wilderness of the Carpathian mountains

Project Costs

Volunteer setting Camera trap in SlovakiaFor 1 week (6 nights): £890
For 2 weeks (13 nights): £1602
For 3 weeks (20 nights): £2136

If you are a student or work for a recognised wildlife charity or not-for-profit organisation, we may be able to offer discounted rates. Please contact aaron@workingabroad.com for more details.

This price covers in-country travel to and around the research area and to/from the meeting point, accommodation, food, provision of equipment, training and the services of local researchers, helpers and the team leader, WorkingAbroad Projects backup and support. They do not include travel to/from Slovakia, extra costs if staying in Bratislava before pick up or after drop off, insurance or personal spending money. All participants must take out adequate medical and travel insurance.

Payment Terms

Wolf camera trap photo in SlovakiaTo secure a placement on this volunteer project, please complete and submit the application form and your application payment of £180 (included in the total costs listed above). If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we would reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, 25% of your balance payment needs to be paid within 7 days of being confirmed onto the project, with the remaining 75% to be paid 2 months before your arrival to Slovakia. Before departure, you will also receive detailed information on what you need to bring and so on. We will also require you to complete a consent form once you are booked on the programme.

Project Dates

You can join this project for 1, 2 or 3 weeks on the following dates.

Start End Availability
January 18th 2020 January 24th 2020
January 25th 2020 January 31st 2020
February 1st 2020 February 7th 2020
White Wilderness – Carpathian Wolf Tracking Volunteer Project, Slovakia

You may also be interested in these projects