The cost to join this programme for 2 weeks is £1215 (£1425 for deluxe), 3 weeks is £1590 (£2030 for deluxe), 4 weeks is £2050 (£2635 for deluxe), 5 weeks is the same price as 4 weeks for both, and as from 6 weeks, the rate is discounted and is £2065 (£2945 deluxe), 8 weeks is £2680 (£3850 deluxe).
The payment covers food (3 meals a day) 6 days a week (Saturdays only breakfast is provided, but you can eat locally or prepare your own food), accommodation in the simple rooms, training by wildlife vets, fun outings to waterfalls, tidal pools or beaches, in-country and WorkingAbroad Project support. If you opt for Deluxe lodging, please refer to Lodging & Travel section for more details on what it includes.
Long Term Volunteering
For anyone joining as a Long Term Volunteer for 12 weeks, there is a one off £195 application cost and then you are responsible for your own food and accommodation costs. You can opt in for a professional meal plan of £105 per week if you want and/or on site accommodation for £24 per week with access to kitchen (which is £288 for 12 weeks), or you can opt to live off site. For long term volunteers, a £320 deposit is requested before arrival, which will be returned at the end of a successful 12 week commitment.
Long Term Internships
For anyone joining as a Long Term Intern for 12 weeks, the cost for the full 12 weeks is £645 which includes covering the cost of hiring internship supervisors to train and supervise interns. With regards to your own food and accommodation costs, you can opt in for a professional meal plan of £105 per week if you want and/or on site accommodation for £24 per week with access to kitchen (which is £288 for 12 weeks), or you can opt to live off site and buy/prepare your food offsite. For long term interns, a £320 deposit is requested before arrival, which will be returned at the end of a successful 12 week commitment.
Yoga classes in the afternoons cost £95 per week, and Surfing and Spanish lessons cost £275 per week. All prices are in GB pounds sterling.
You can do volunteering on its own, or choose volunteering plus Spanish, or volunteering plus yoga, or volunteering plus surfing any week if you wish, as an add on, but must be booked beforehand.
The above costs don’t include flights to/from Costa Rica, health and travel insurance, visa fee (if required), transfers to and from the Rescue Centre and personal expenses. It is mandatory for you to take out travel and medical insurance for the duration of the project.
To secure your placement on the project, you will need to complete and submit the application form with your application payment of £195 (included in the total project costs listed above). If for some reason, your application is not accepted, we will reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, you will need to pay 25% of the balance within 14 days of being accepted on the programme, with the remaining 75% of the balance to be paid one month before arrival. Once we have confirmed your place, you will receive a pre-departure package with all detailed information on the project, Costa Rica, suggested items to bring etc.
You can join the Wildlife Rescue Volunteer and Internship Programme for 2 up to 12 weeks throughout the year.
Volunteers should arrive on a Sunday afternoon, and leave the project on a Sunday morning. Dates run all year round – if your preferred dates are not listed below, please email us at email@example.com or for any other questions.
|November 8th 2020||November 22nd 2020|
|November 22nd 2020||December 6th 2020|
|December 6th 2020||December 20th 2020|
|December 20th 2020||January 3rd 2021|
|January 3rd 2021||January 17th 2021|
|January 17th 2021||January 31st 2021|
|January 31st 2021||February 14th 2021|
|February 14th 2021||February 28th 2021|
|February 28th 2021||March 14th 2021|
|March 14th 2021||March 28th 2021|
|March 28th 2021||April 11th 2021|
|April 11th 2021||April 25th 2021|
|April 25th 2021||May 9th 2021|
|May 9th 2021||May 23rd 2021|
|May 23rd 2021||June 6th 2021|
|June 6th 2021||June 20th 2021|
|June 20th 2021||July 4th 2021|
|July 4th 2021||July 18th 2021|
|July 18th 2021||August 1st 2021|
|August 1st 2021||August 15th 2021|
|August 15th 2021||August 29th 2021|
|August 29th 2021||September 12th 2021|
|September 12th 2021||September 26th 2021|
|September 26th 2021||October 10th 2021|
|October 10th 2021||October 24th 2021|
|October 24th 2021||November 7th 2021|
|November 7th 2021||November 21st 2021|
|November 21st 2021||December 5th 2021|
|December 5th 2021||December 19th 2021|
|December 19th 2021||January 2nd 2022|
|January 2nd 2022||January 16th 2022|
|January 16th 2022||January 30th 2022|
|January 30th 2022||February 13th 2022|
|February 13th 2022||February 27th 2022|