Wildlife conservation, community and environmental volunteer projects and internships worldwide

Wildlife Reserve Volunteer Programme, South Africa

2 - 12 Weeks from

£895
18+
minimum age

  • Gain hands-on experience working at a game reserve in South Africa
  • Work and live alongside a team of conservation volunteers from around the world
  • See a range of magnificent species including giraffes, antelopes and hyenas
  • Explore the North-West province during your free time, including national parks

Project Costs

Wildlife conservation volunteers in truck in South AfricaThe project costs are as follows; 2 weeks is £895, 4 weeks is £1460, 6 weeks is £1745, 8 weeks is £2245, 10 weeks is £2745 and 12 weeks is £3245.

This cost includes transfers to and from Johannesburg airport, accommodation in the volunteer camp, 3 meals per day, guides and trackers, onsite transportation, ecological research projects, visits to local places of interest and placement support and pre-departure assistance from WorkingAbroad. What is not included are your flights to and from South Africa, your medical/travel insurance, visa costs, and any personal expenses.

Payment Terms

To secure your placement on the project, you will need to complete and submit the application form with your application payment of £195 (included in the total project costs listed above). If for some reason your application is not accepted, we will reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, 15% of the remaining balance amount needs to be paid within 7 days of your booking being confirmed, and the remaining 85% to be paid at least two months before departure. Once your place is confirmed, you will receive a pre-departure package with detailed information on your project and the volunteer work you will be doing, travel info, suggested items to bring and much more.

Project Dates

Wildlife at a game reserve in South AfricaYou can join this wildlife reserve volunteer project in South Africa for 2 weeks up to 12 weeks, all year round. Start dates are on Mondays and departure dates are on a following Monday – this enables us to plan better for you and your fellow volunteers, and we will always pick you up from the airport on arrival. Should you wish to make alternative arrangements with us, we will always try and accommodate you. We can usually arrange pick-up on another day of the week other than Mondays, at an additional cost. Please email aaron@workingabroad.com if you have specific questions about dates or travel.

Start End Availability
December 9th 2019 December 23rd 2019
December 23rd 2019 January 6th 2020
January 6th 2020 January 20th 2020
January 20th 2020 February 3rd 2020
February 3rd 2020 February 17th 2020
February 17th 2020 March 2nd 2020
March 2nd 2020 March 16th 2020
March 16th 2020 March 30th 2020
March 30th 2020 April 13th 2020
April 13th 2020 April 27th 2020
April 27th 2020 May 11th 2020
May 11th 2020 May 25th 2020
May 25th 2020 June 8th 2020
June 8th 2020 June 22nd 2020
June 22nd 2020 July 6th 2020
July 6th 2020 July 20th 2020
July 20th 2020 August 3rd 2020
August 3rd 2020 August 17th 2020
August 17th 2020 August 31st 2020
August 31st 2020 September 14th 2020
September 14th 2020 September 28th 2020
September 28th 2020 October 12th 2020
October 12th 2020 October 26th 2020
October 26th 2020 November 9th 2020
November 9th 2020 November 23rd 2020
November 23rd 2020 December 7th 2020
December 7th 2020 December 21st 2020
Wildlife Reserve Volunteer Programme, South Africa

You may also be interested in these projects