The cost for 2 weeks is £980 and 4 weeks is £1550. Please email email@example.com if you are interested in coming for longer than 4 weeks. This includes:
- One day time meal at lunchtime on weekdays (the rest is self-catered)
- Quality accommodation in the Lallies House
- Airport transfers from Malindi
- All training and supervision by Project Manager and Volunteer Co-ordinator
- WorkingAbroad Projects backup and placement support
- Cleaning is also included in the price and laundry can be done at minimal extra cost paid in local currency
Not included in this cost:
- The airfare to and from Malindi (local airport)
- Travel/medical insurance and personal expenses
To secure your placement on the project, you will need to complete and submit the application form with your application payment of £180 (included in the total project costs listed above). If for some reason your application is not accepted, we will reimburse this payment fully. However, for those who are accepted, you will be required to pay the remaining balance 2 months before arrival. Once we have confirmed your place, you will receive an information package on the project background, your role as a volunteer, the work you will do, suggested items to bring, how to travel there and so on.
Volunteers can join from 2 weeks minimum – 6 places are available per week, starting on a Monday and leaving on Sundays. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any questions or if you want to select some dates that are not listed below.
You can take part in the Watamu Turtle Watch programme throughout the year as the ‘By-Catch’ release programme operates the whole time. The Rehabilitation centre also operates all year round but is particularly busy during August and November / December. The peak nesting season is from May to August but occasionally we get turtles nesting throughout the year.
|September 27th 2021||October 10th 2021|
|October 11th 2021||October 24th 2021|
|October 25th 2021||November 7th 2021|
|November 8th 2021||November 21st 2021|
|November 22nd 2021||December 5th 2021|